The Greatest Blog Post Ever!!

I have been planning this blog post all week. To tell you the truth, I wasn't too happy with the last two blog posts I wrote. They felt pretty boring for me. So from last week, I started cooking up themes and ideas for this one. I wanted it to be really funny and really quirky. It was going to be an epic, like the Mahabharat, or the one like about the 'I am what I am' post!

Here I sit with writer's block. Honestly speaking, I wonder whether how I am writing this and secondly, I cannot think of what to write about and it is very frustrating. The manifestations of writer's block are unique. It feels like having an old world monkey perched on your shoulders, jabbing you in the center of your head everytime I lay my fingers on the keyboard. But I have decided to figuratively throw the metaphorical monkey and barge ahead. It is the only way to complete this.


The point I would like to make here is that you cannot plan greatness. It just turns out that way. Don't put the cart before the horse. Don't plan to do something epic and make history. Do what you want to do, but put everything you have into it. I believe that if you work hard, with honest intentions, the outcome will always be good. Maybe even great. I also believe that if your intentions are wrong, you will ultimately fail (yeah, I know it's the most cliched thing in the world, but I believe it, so please go and sue me for that).

That's where I went wrong last time. I set out planning greatness without having the slightest clue of how I would get there, and I learnt a sharp lesson. I've sat up till the middle of the night writing this on a piece of paper and missed the deadline of publishing this post by daybreak. It has been a long and a tough day. Undoubtedly, an enlightening one, though.

Comments

:)funny....dont ask me y...

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Mrityunjaya

Book Review: Mahabharata

Hawa Mahal: A Natural Cooling System